Tuesday, March 22, 2011 | By: Bianca + Jason

Why We Can Never Return to B's Buffet

This post is dedicated to all my friends and family that are or ever have been in the military, including my Air Force/Army/Marine wife friends that I know.

Yesterday afternoon, Jason came through the door with one of those awkward looks on his face, like a child who just got in trouble. You know something is wrong, but they don't want to admit it. He handed me a tall coffee that he had promised, and when I inquired about what was going on, he said everything was fine. Hmmm... I didn’t think so, but I knew it would come out eventually. He apologized for not bringing me lunch... Was that the reason for his guilt-stricken face?? I explained that was fine because I wasn’t expecting any lunch and wasn’t hungry... Finally it started to spill from his mouth.

“I got kicked out of B’s Buffet.”


“Whaaat?? Why??”  I couldn’t imagine what in the world he would have been doing to get kicked out of a dinky Chinese restaurant. Did he eat too many eggrolls? Complain about their poor decorating skills? Weeeellll.... apparently he got into an argument with one of the other patrons. Jason is not one of those people that start fights or arguments with just anybody, so I was very surprised and ready to hear his explanation.

Jason went to the Chinese buffet around the corner from us, intending to eat and bring a box of food for me. However, his lunch got cut short when the large man at the booth next to his started badmouthing the United States military. I don’t know the details of what was said, but he did not have anything good to say about our nation’s men and women that are fighting for us overseas. Jason is not hardcore into politics or anything, but he believes you should support those who are in our military. We may not agree with why the President sends them to dangerous places to fight for various reasons, but those brave men and women are risking their lives for our country!  Apparently, the man at the buffet did not see it this way, so Jason stood up and said something to him. And dropped the F bomb. Therefore, he is now banished from B’s Buffet.

Jason apologized for his behavior and what it had resulted in, but after giving it some thought, I decided it was perfectly okay. While he did something that I would never have the guts to do, I was proud of him for standing up for something that he believed in, and something I believe in as well. I made light of the subject and even drew a little cartoon (Please excuse all the eraser marks, I only had a crappy pencil on me).


My Draftsmanship Talents


I know that there is a lot of turmoil and bad stuff going on with our country that people don’t agree with. I’m not here to talk about the politics about it. I just want to say THANK YOU to all of those who are in the military, defending our country. They are doing a job. A dangerous and controversial one that they must do whether they agree with it or not. And we should all be supportive and thankful.  

I have lots of friends whose husbands are on active duty, and I know that being a military wife is a difficult job in itself. So cheers to you all and THANK YOU!!




Much Love, 
Bianca Faye

1 comments:

Unknown said...

AWW Love this blog! And your cute lil cartoon! And Jason!! Thanks for the support yall!!!

Post a Comment